This project is read-only.

Request to Prioritize: TEP; Interfaces to DM-Open 1/2

Jul 23, 2010 at 8:11 PM
Is there any chance of getting alpha code for EDXL-TEP, ideally talking to DM-OPEN (now) and DM-OPEN 2 (soon)? If so, I could try to use your library, build it into my code in support of a mid-October drill. Even the TEP alone (read/write to string) might be of some value. If that's not reasonable in that timeframe, that would be good to know, too. Then I'll just do the minimum by hand. Thanks Glenn Pearson, Lost Person Finder project, National Library of Medicine
Jul 28, 2010 at 12:48 AM

Glenn-

I will make it a priority to get an alpha version of our TEP code posted next week.  I don't have a schema yet, but I did post a TEP example in the [XML Examples] section of the [Documentation] page.  We are waiting until DM-OPEN 2.0 is released before we write connection libraries to that.  If you exercise needs some local EDXL routing / sharing capability let me know.  We have a prototype that we could use to support your effort.

Thanks!

Don

Jul 30, 2010 at 7:23 PM

Thanks, Don. I'll look forward to the alpha. We may take you up on the routing/sharing capability, depending on the situation at the end of August.

BTW, I was looking into building a VS 2010 minimal C# client to the DM OPEN 1 WSDL. Started by using WSDL.exe, but wasn't successful out of the box (doesn't like RPC style, I gather). I may beat on it more in a few weeks, but other stuff is higher priority. Did you already develop a DM OPEN 1 interface in C#, or are you not bothering?

- Glenn

Aug 3, 2010 at 11:19 AM

We decided to hold off on any DM OPEN development until version 2. 

Aug 13, 2010 at 10:58 PM

Our HAVE and TEP libraries are posted in BETA form.  Download the installer to get just the binary libraries, or download change set 59160 for the source tree.  Just look for the EDXLSharp - 2.0 - Beta branch.

Let me know if you find any bugs or have questions...Thanks!

Sep 20, 2010 at 8:08 PM

Don -

Sorry to have been inactive.  There's been a change in priority here.  It probably won't be until November that I look again at EDXL/TEP.

Other project work instead (e.g., learning about using ClickOnce distribution/install process).

- Glenn

Sep 22, 2010 at 5:06 PM

Not a problem.  Let me know if there is anything we can do to support.

Thanks!

-Don

Sent: Monday, September 20, 2010 12:08 PM
To: McGarry, Donald P.
Subject: Re: Request to Prioritize: TEP; Interfaces to DM-Open 1/2 [edxlsharp:221080]

Don -

Sorry to have been inactive. There's been a change in priority here. It probably won't be until November that I look again at EDXL/TEP.

Other project work instead (e.g., learning about using ClickOnce distribution/install process).

- Glenn

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (edxlsharp@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email edxlsharp@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com